Sunday, September 28, 2008

Friday Night Football

I won't talk about how bad Okmulgee got beat by Checotah, they hung in there for a while though. The good news was that Emma had a great time at her first high school football game. She got lots of attention and especially liked the band. She had completely worn herself out with all the excitement by 4th quarter, snuggled with Jennifer Neal (unfortunately under an OU sweatshirt) and took a little nap.
The other good news was that Jacob and Jarrett got to play with Kobe Johnson the entire time. Since his dad now coaches for Checotah, they got to come back "home" and the boys were all very glad to see each other. This is Benjamin Cain, Jacob, and Kobe...


Here's another of Jacob, Kobe, and Benjamin trying to catch popcorn as Julie throws it in the air...Jarrett wasn't too into that game, he is walking behind them.


And some cute little people...Judson Eakins, RayLee Taylor, and Jarrett...


I guess you'd like an explanation about the goggles? We always packed a backpack for the boys to keep them entertained during the games. Included would be little action figures and cars to play with, along with snack foods. As soon as Jarrett got home Friday he ran off and said he was going to pack his bag. I didn't check it...he just brought it with him. For most of the game he and the other kids were entertained with all the superhero action figures he so carefully chose to pack. Towards the end of the game though, I look up and he's wearing a pair of ski goggles his daddy had brought him from work. He also proudly pulled out a package of pop tarts (I guess that was his "snack"). I thought he did a great job packing!

I miss the days of big crowds and HealeyCopter Highlights, but hey, we never had JahJah's frozen cappuccinos for sale in the concession back in the day though. Times have certainly changed.

2 comments:

  1. It's such fun to see pics of the stadium and remember being that age. I don't remember anyone hanging out with cool ski goggles then, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kobe told me at the end of the night that you guys were over there. I missed out on seeing Emma!!!!

    ReplyDelete